Another easy peasy recipe for you today (I don't do complicated ones!) I recently went to a charity event where they had a chocolate stand. One of the products they were selling were cookie dough bites. I bought a bag, brought them home, and they were swiftly eaten by Tom! It got me thinking..they can't be too hard to make, So I decided to experiment.....
You will need :
Betty Crocker Cookie Dough mix
(Or you can make it from scratch if your a culinary wizz)
Large bar of chocolate
(You could use white, dark, or milk! whatever takes your fancy!)
1. Mix your cookie dough. The only thing I needed to do to this premade mix was add 2 tablespoons of water.
2. Once mixed take a small amount of the mix, roll into a small ball using your hands. Continue to do this until you have used all the mix from your bowl. Place the balls on a tray covered in baking paper.
3. Put the tray into your fridge for 30 mins in order for the dough to harden slightly.
4. Take your chocolate and melt it. - Like before I use the method of putting it into a bowl over a saucepan of simmering water.
5. Once the chocolate has all melted and cooled slightly. Take your tray of cookie dough from the fridge and dip each ball into the chocolate. (You can cover half, cover it all, drizzle chocolate over them. Whatever takes your fancy)
6. To set, pop the tray back into the fridge until they harden.
7. Once set, EAT THEM ALL!
See it's really simple isnt it! A perfect little recipe to do at the weekend if youre feeling bored and want something chocolatey! I do think these could be a great little gift for someone if you pop them in a jar and decorate it some how! :-)
So, are you grabbing your coat and heading out to pick up some cookie mix and chocolate bars now? ;-)