It’s time for the obligatory welcoming in the new year blog post! I hope everyone had a fantastic Christmas and New Year, spending time with family and friends making lots of memories!
As usual, we all tend to use the start of the new year to set ourselves goals and have a think about things we would like to achieve for the next year. I usually mentally make a note of these things. However this year I have decided to put pen to paper so to speak and document it here, on my blog. By doing so I think it will help me stick to trying to achieve those goals as I will need to revisit them at the end of 2016 & share with you how successful I have been!
So lets get straight to it....
1. Read more : I started getting back into my reading around spring time last year. I joined a blogger book club and downloaded the goodreads app to keep track of my progress. If you have the app you will know you can set yourself a reading challenge for the year. As I know I go through phases of reading I have set myself a goal of 30 books to read within 2016 which I believe is doable.
2. Travel : I think this is something that a lot of people have on their lists, this year I would like to go on a few city breaks, in particular I would love to go to Amsterdam at some point. Germany at Christmas to visit the markets and possibly fit in a visit to Dublin. – A place I have been before (It’s where Tom and I got engaged!) but I was poorly at the time so I’d love to revisit when I’m less miserable!
3. Save, Save, Save : Another which is probably on a lot of peoples lists. Less of the frivolous spending and more putting it aside. Whether it be for a rainy day, a luxe treat or something more serious and ‘grown up’. I want to be able to look back and feel proud about the figures I manage to save by the end of 2016.
4. Keep blogging frequently : If you remember I went on a bit of a hiatus for a bit at the start of 2015, and I don’t particularly want that to happen again (Unless some real life events arise which will mean I really cannot blog!) I feel I am doing a pretty good job at blogging frequently at the moment so I would love for that to continue. This year I would also like to incorporate more lifestyle blogging within my posts, a little like an online diary.
5. Take up regular exercise : An obvious resolution made by 99.9% off the human population. I did dabble with running around September/ October time and I did enjoy it. I need to get back into the swing of things. Even if it’s only a couple of days a week, I would like to make sure I become a little more active in 2016! (If I lose a bit of weight in the process then that’s just a bonus!)
I think I will leave it there with the goals for 2016. I’ve left it quite generic I know, however I want to do that because it makes it a lot more attainable for me. Perhaps I’ll do seasonal goals which will be more specific, like visiting certain people, going to specific places, doing certain things. But for an overall look at the year ahead I would like to try to achieve these 5!
Have you set yourself any goals for 2016? Let me know in the comments!