- At the start of the month (the 1st actually) fellow Blogger Lorna & I hosted our first ever makeup masterclass with House of Fraser in our local store. Completely nerve racking having to do a bit of public speaking but despite the initial nerves I had a really good time. I kept it quite quiet as I was so nervous and in hindsight it probably would have been a good idea to tell my close friends and family it was happening so they could come along and support. Maybe I'll do that if/when we host another event. The event focused on two brands. Urban Decay and YSL. Lorna had her eye makeup done by Urban Decay. Resulting in a smokey look with a touch of sparkle. Perfect for a night out with the girls.I had my base applied by Immy from YSL... Safe to say we were both really taken by the products from YSL and ended up spending a small fortune on their counter! - More on that in another post!
- It was Tom's birthday this month. We headed to London for a weekend stay starting with a trip to the O2 to watch Muse. The show was really good. I only knew a handle of songs to be honest but the show itself was brilliant! Very visually pleasing which I think is what they aim for! The following day we headed to the Harry Potter studio tour which was something Tom and I had wanted to go to for a while. It really is worth the £35 ticket price. We easily spent nearly 3 hours there looking at everything. Yes the gift shop is rather expensive so we only purchased a couple of souvenirs. Highly recommend visiting if you are a HP fan!
- Tom ran (and completed) the Reading half marathon this month which made me one very proud wife! Since then he's signed up to various other runs taking place locally which has spurred me on a bit to possibly entering a few myself (Espesh if I get a medal after!). I wont be covering distances as far as a half marathon, but I can see myself doing a few 5k's to ease myself in! I did a 8k run for Charity back in October and I did actually enjoy it despite being quite poorly at the time. So I just need to get my fitness up a bit again and get stuck in really!
- This month saw us book our 'Sunshine Holiday' of the year as I like to call it. Off for a week in the sun in September. Which is miles away but it doesn't stop me looking for holiday clothes now! I do want to TRY to tone up possibly slim down by the time we go so it's probably not a good idea to purchase anything just yet! Hey if I get into my running as mentioned above the weight should just fall off right? (
Maybe not eating so much pizza would help too)
- Apart from the YSL purchases I made at the start of the month I don't think I've got any other new makeup to mention. This month has been about switching it up a bit and dragging out old favourites to give them a bit of time in the spotlight. It's nice to shop your stash every so often!
What did you get up to in April, any highlights for you?